Ace Training and Development Centre may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25/05/2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode
- personal information like identification number, date of birth for subsidy reasons
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new seminars, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may use them in order to claim subsidy on your behalf from Human Resource Development Authority of Cyprus.
How long do we store your personal data
We keep your personal data only for as long as we need to. This depends on why it was collected, or if we have a continuing legal basis to do so (such as to fulfil a contract between us, perform a service you requested or for our legitimate interests). Rest assured, if we no longer have a reason or legal requirement to process your personal data, we will delete it or store it in a way so that it no longer identifies you.
We have different retention policies for different types of personal data, taking into account:
- The purpose for collecting the personal data;
- How long it will take to fulfil that purpose; and
- Any specific reason or overriding legal obligation to retain the personal data for a specific amount of time.
No matter how long the retention period, you can ask us to delete your personal data in certain circumstances. Find out more about how you can manage your personal data in the Your rights in connection with your personal information section of this policy.
Our commitment to the security of your data
To prevent unauthorized parties from accessing your data and maintain the accuracy and cleanliness of our own data while ensuring the correct use of it, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Social Media Platforms
We currently use Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Their approach to GDPR compliance can be viewed here: https://gdpr.twitter.com/en/faq.html
Their data policy can be viewed here: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
Their articles and updates can be viewed here: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/topics/6701/6702
When is your information shared with or collected by third parties
We share your information only where you ask us to, where it’s a necessary part of doing business with you and providing you with the services, or where we need to for legal reasons.
The types of Third Party we may share elements of your personal data include:
- Human Resource Development Authority of Cyprus (HRDA) due to seminar subsidy reasons.
- Certification companies for issuing the Certificates upon successful completion of course like CISCO, MICROSOFT, UBIQUITI, MIKROTIK.
Your rights in connection with your personal information
As a data subject, you have a number of statutory rights. Subject to certain conditions, and in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information – this is usually known as making a data subject access request and it enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it
- Request rectification of your personal information – this enables you to have any inaccurate or incomplete personal information we hold about you corrected
- Request the erasure of your personal information – this enables you to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing, e.g. it is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected
- Restrict the processing of your personal information – this enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal information, e.g. if you contest its accuracy and so want us to verify its accuracy
- Object to the processing of your personal information – this enables you to ask us to stop processing your personal information where we are relying on the legitimate interests of the business as our legal basis for processing and there is something relating to your particular situation which makes you decide to object to processing on this ground
- Data portability – this gives you the right to request the transfer of your personal information to another party so that you can reuse it across different services for your own purposes.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us. We may need to request specific information from you in order to verify your identity and check your right to access the personal information or to exercise any of your other rights. This is a security measure to ensure that your personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
In the limited circumstances where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. This will not, however, affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your personal information for the purpose you originally agreed to, unless we have another legal basis for processing.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all your personal information, please email or write to us at the following address: Ace Training and Development Centre, 3 Hommer Street Nicosia, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove any information you think is inaccurate.
Who are we and how can you contact us?
Ace Training and Development Centre is a trademark registered in Cyprus and is the data controller of any information collected from you by us.
Our telephone number is: +357 22266670
Our email address is: email@example.com
Our registered office address is: 3 Hommer street, Nicosia, Cyprus 1097.